The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just a part of his life. It would be his state of mind. **Jim Slinsky**

Texas Youth Hunters Program

Every year I volunteer at a youth hunt that is run by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. We normally take about 4-5 kids who dont have the opportunity to hunt on a doe only weekend. It is a parent/youth hunt and I am usually one of the guides. If you live in Texas you really need to check it out at texas-wildlife.org/tyhp. We have had the opportunity to hunt many different ranches over the years that if you hunt or watch hunting shows you have heard of, but this one is my favorite. I would love to tell you about it, but it is a private ranch. Here are a few pics from this years hunt...




One of the Kids and Dad




Really nice deer...



Nice Mature Deer....



Nice Drop!!


Group Shot
This is just a sample of the deer and fun that we have on these weekends. If you want to volunteer go to the website above and sign up.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great program Brad. I need to check into that.

    I've been involved with a similar group organized by several of my buddies from Iowa called Special Youth Challenge Ministries (SYC). I was a guide this past fall on the deer hunt and have plans to participate in the spring turkey hunt in April. It is a great ministry!

    ReplyDelete